Bradford CVS is a development agency, furthering local voluntary action and promoting, developing and supporting voluntary and community organisations throughout Bradford district.
Values which underpin our service
Professionalism: We will deliver a quality, effective and reliable service to all stakeholders
Impartiality: We will serve the best interests of our stakeholders without favour
Collaboration: We will build and maintain relationships across all sectors and share knowledge and resources.
Equality: We will provide support and services that are readily accessible to all
Empowerment: We will enable others to take responsibility for identifying and achieving their own objectives
Innovation: We will develop new ways of working, delivering services and meeting the needs of our stakeholders.
Bradford CVS recognises that Bradford is a society diverse in race, culture and beliefs and is committed to challenging oppression and inequality.
We believes that
- no person should suffer oppression or lack of opportunity based on race, gender, belief, sexuality, disability, age, class or geographical location.
- priority should be given to working with people whose full participation in society is limited by economic, political and social disadvantage.
- the role of CVS is to affirm and enable all people to collectively play an active part in their community
- all people have equal rights to work towards social justice and to participate in decision-making processes and local action in working towards a just and participatory society.
- BCVS will positively promote these core values in all areas of its work and structure.