"Young Lives Bradford works to empower the network of voluntary and community organisations to achieve better outcomes for children and young people in the Bradford District."
We will do this by:
- ENGAGING with a diverse range of organisations through collaboration, networking and clear, accessible channels of communications;
- INFLUENCING decision-makers on issues relevant to the diverse needs of children and young people through effective voluntary & community sector representation at a strategic level;
- DEVELOPING relevant resources and learning opportunities for individuals and organisations within the voluntary and community sector.
What We Do
We are a network of voluntary and community sector groups and organisations in the Bradford district who deliver services to children, young people and families. The network currently has over 350 members and is recognised by the local authority, the Children’s Trust partners and the Local Safeguarding Children Board partners as the co-ordinating body for the local voluntary and community sector.
We provide a voice for the voluntary and community sector at all levels of Bradford’s Children’s Trust body – The Children & Young People’s Partnership through our VCS Reps.
- Regular up to date information by a range of communication methods on all issues relating to children and young people’s services within Bradford District.
- Advice and guidance on a wide range of issues resulting from the changes to service delivery – including training for staff and information and resources on Safeguarding Children and Young People.
- Quarterly network Forums on topics of general interest to our registered groups and organisations e.g. Funding, Safeguarding, Early Help, CCGs etc.
- Young Lives Bradford Consortium: A vehicle set up to seek funding to support co-ordinated delivery of services to children, young people and families in Bradford District. Membership is separate from the network and is open to locally rooted, non-profit making organisations delivering services in the district. See the YLB Consortium page for more details.
Registration for Young Lives Bradford
Who can register? You can register if you are a voluntary or community sector group or not for profit organisation or project providing services to children, young people or families in the Bradford district.
How? Contact the children and young people’s team at Bradford CVS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01274 722772 to request a membership registration form for either the network and/or the Consortium.
Cost: Registration to the network is FREE
Young Lives Bradford produces a regular E-bulletin of news and information relevant to groups working with children and young people. You can see previous issues here.